Working from home can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. You just need to choose the right house, and from that, the right room. Here are the top 5 things you should keep in mind:
- Space — First, and most importantly, you need to decide on where your workspace will be and set boundaries. If it is in the extra bedroom, fine, but make sure nothing non-work related is allowed in the space. You need a defined area free of distractions.
- Noise — It is important to choose a room that is somewhat secluded without noisy distractions.
- Simplicity — Just because you like that bright blue paint color, doesn’t mean you should paint your workspace that shade. Keep it simple. It should be relaxing and inviting.
- Furniture — Remember Goldilocks on her quest to find the perfect bed? Use the same concept for picking your work furniture. Not too hard, not too soft, just right. If you get too comfortable, you’re likely to doze off or spend hours surfing the internet. If you have a lot of work materials, get a large table to spread everything out on.
- Lighting —Natural light is the best light. Put your desk by a large window and you’re set. Plus, it never hurts to have a good view!