Moving can be stressful, but remember, when you move you’re creating a new atmosphere with new memories. A house is just a house until you move in. Here at Curtis Homes, we’re dedicated to helping you find the perfect place to call home.
Here are some things you can do to make your new house a home:
- Add your own flare — Your decor doesn’t have to be perfect to the outside eye, just to you. If you like ceramic cats, display them. Quirky is good. If football Sundays are a big thing for you and your family, mount that big T.V. and display your team’s memorabilia.
- Fill it with light — It’s always great to have window treatments, but make sure they don’t take away from the natural light. Arrange your rooms so that you utilize as much natural light as possible.
- Accessorize — Mirrors, lamps, rugs…The possibilities are endless. The little additions will make a huge difference. Without them, your house can feel empty and unfinished.
- Pictures — It’s your house. It should be filled with your memories. So hang pictures that make you smile.
- Smell — Remember growing up, you would go visit your friends’ houses and each one had a different smell? Not a bad smell—a good smell that was unique to that house. That’s what made it feel like a home. Soon your house will have its own smell too. Whether that’s from your detergent or your candles or your favorite dish you cook every week.
- Place to put your keys — When you come home, designate an area for your keys, purse, etc. When everything has its “place,” you’ll be fully settled in.
- Live — Last, but not least, relax. Enjoy your new home and fill it with laughter.